Monday, July 21, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

I love to cook and try new recipes. Pinterest is one of my favorite places to find recipes. Sometimes the recipes I find are horrible but 99% of the time they are good. There are even a couple I've found that have become family favorites!

I try to make a play every week of meals so I don't have to scramble to find something to make my family. It also helps with saving money on our groceries every month. Love that!  I'm linking this up over here.

So here's what's on this weeks menu:

Hot Dogs with chips and salsa

Grilled Shrimp with Rice 

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken and roasted potatoes

Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops and garlic mashed potatoes

I'm trying to have an easy cooking week after the busy weekend we had with Layne's birthday party. 
One of our favorite recipes to make is Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken. My husband came up with it after we ate at a local bar and grill that served something similar as an appetizer. 

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken

4 Chicken Breasts
1 package of bacon
Canned jalapeños ( you won't use very many)
Onion chopped
Garlic cloves chopped ( I usually use 2 or 3)

1. Cut chicken breast horizontally but not all the way through. Then cut vertically but not all the way through. You want 4 sections but they still need to be attached to each other. 

2.Stuff each breast with onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Then you wrap each breast in bacon. It will depend on the size of your chicken breast as to how many slices you will use. 

3. Cook chicken at 350*F till chicken is done. Mine usually cook from 25-30 minutes. 

These are so delicious! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment