Tuesday, July 29, 2014

New Beginnings

For the past seven plus years, I have had the privilege of working with my mother in an in home daycare. I've enjoyed being able to be around my son as well as caring for other little children. This week, that chapter is ending. I'm happy for a change but I'm also filled with lots of other emotions as well.

I have truly enjoyed caring for all the children that we have had at our daycare. Even if some days were more trying than others, I will still miss it. I will miss the chaos, noise, and all the silly things the kids would say and do. On Friday, our time as daycare providers will end and our new adventures will begin. This last year has been a tough one for my mom and dad as my grandma and uncle have had many issues and my parents have been taking care of them since January. My mom and I made the decision to close the daycare as her and I have a full time job taking care of my grandma and uncle now. ( I will write more about the whole situation sometime soon. Its been a long year.)

I'm excited but nervous about this new beginning. I'm almost overwhelmed by the idea of starting a new job and school all at the same time. However, I am almost certain that I will be able to handle it. I just need to take it one day at a time.  I'm very excited that I will still be able to have Layne around for whats left of the summer till school starts. I'm planning lots of fun projects and things in between taking care of my grandma and uncle.

Can't wait to see where this new adventure leads. Thinking positive thoughts.

To New Beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment